Kammy went to Denver for the weekend, so it was just me and the kids this weekend. They called it a Daddy Party Weekend. I called it (in retrospect) a cheap remake of the 1983 film, "Mr. Mom" - complete with just as potty humor from the kids and just as much chaos.
Only 15 minutes after dropping Kammy off at the airport, we decided to pull off at a Walmart on the way home to pick up some treats (bribes). We rushed through the aisles and the kids seemed content with the spoils. They talked me into buying a cheap movie, so we cruised over to the electronics section and picked one out. I knew I had about a 2 hour window in total to drop off Kammy and get the kids home because we have been potty training Tai and she only has about a 2 hour bladder before we have to be near her training potty (it's been hit or miss with public restrooms as she's been potty training and plus, i had 3 kids with me and didn't want to take them all into the men's restroom, let alone the Walmart men's restroom).Quick Intermission - I was in the middle of typing this up and Trey came running into the room. He said that the potty had water coming out of it. Not a good sign. So I ran into the bathroom and Trey had apprently used the bathroom and Tatum threw something (not sure we'll ever know what) down the toilet as he was flushing (Tatum, our 1 year old, has been infatuated with throwing things into the toilet bowl). I told Trey I had to run downstairs to find a plunger and that he needed to keep Tatum in the bedroom. It took me way longer to find a plunger than it should have and for some reason the water was actually running over the toilet. I ran upstairs ready to go into action, plunger in hand, and Trey had locked the bathroom door to keep Tatum away (Tatum is far from being able to open doors, but I guess I can't complain since Trey definitely listened to my pleading to keep Tatum out of the bathroom). Anyway, all ended well after some excitement and I found our keys, so I can cross that off the list of what Tatum may have thrown down the toilet.
Back to Walmart, we had just chosen a movie the kids were REALLY happy with. They have been on a Scooby Doo kick, so we picked up a double-feature of Scooby Doo. As I was pulled out of the movie aisle I was nearly sideswiped by a fellow Walmart patron, a very much typical Walmart patron that apparently thought we were in competition to steal her share of Rollback Saving's Deals. In the process I had to swerve the cart a bit and Tai got caught on the aisle shelving. Apparently Tai was trying to seize onto the opportunity of me being distracting by trying to take a last minute reach for another movie she wanted us to buy. Tai erupted into tears. Note: Tai was been having troubles with potty training, particularly when she gets really upset, for some reason she loses control of her bladder at that point. So as she erupted into tears, her bladder let loose and there was a large puddle of pee on the floor AND 1 ticked off Tai. We got it taken care of and then proceeded to the checkout. As we were checking out, she got mad again. I looked back to see if she had another accident and the scary thing is, I couldn't tell if she had since there were about 6 sticky, nasty wet spots scattered around the checkout line (Walmart !!!). I am fairly confident she didn't have an accident, but it was high time to get out of Walmart.
Anyway, the rest of the weekend has been pretty peaceful and a lof of fun. I thought of a good sub-title for this Mr. Mom sequel, it would be "Kammy Appreciation Weekend".
We went to the Copperton Park on Saturday, here are some pictures:




2 comments:
That is so funny!!! Bad things always go down at the local Walmart! You seriously made me LOL!
I just have to say, hats off to dad! (BTW, his is also a very good story teller!) I totally laughed and could picture the whole thing! I love those getaways that serve 2 purposes...1. Getting away, and 2. Coming home to love, admiration and appreciation! You should go more often! ; )
Post a Comment